Donald Trump is giving Mitt Romney a run for his money in the flip flopping department. Even his closest advisers are confused by the speed at which Trump changes his mind.
Now, when Mitt Romney ran for president the first time and got defeated, then ran the second time and got defeated, defeat was not the only thing that stuck to Mr. Romney, his uncanny ability to flip flop and be untrustworthy also stuck. So with that uncanny ability to be fake, Romney is calling out Hillary Clinton as being fake, just just like he is.
“When you see her on a stage or when she comes into a room full of people, she’s smiling with her mouth but her eyes say, ‘Where’s my latte?'” Romney said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”
“It just doesn’t suggest she believes everything she’s saying,” he continued, calling her performance “jarring.”
Romney faced similar criticism during his own runs for President for flip-flopping on multiple hot-button issues, struggling to connect with working-class voters, and saying things like he enjoys hunting “small varmints, if you will.”
“At this stage, what does she really believe?” he said on Monday. “I think people wonder, can they really trust Hillary Clinton?”
Remember Mitt Romney? No? Well how about Mitt The Flip Flop Romney, remember him now? Yea? I thought so.
Mr. Flip Flop himself Went On Fox ‘ s Hannity show tonight and actually said that President Obama had lost “integrity and honesty” with the American people. Yes, you heard that right. Romney, the man who gained a reputation of saying one thing to the people on his right then saying the total opposite to those on his left has the nerve to talk about “integrity and honesty.”
And to answer your question, no, Sean Hannity did not burst out laughing at Romney’s performance. He actually managed to keep a straight face, seemed interested in the utter nonsense he was hearing. Hannity played the classic Fox News host, and egged Romney on with more leading questions.
“It’s a very difficult thing to try and reestablish a reputation for integrity and honesty if you’ve lost it in such a dramatic way,” Romney said.
Romney was talking about the now infamous claim by the President, “if you like your insurance you can keep it.” The president has since apologized for making that claim and explained what he meant. But Republicans, even those like Mitt The flip Romney – known for their lies and flip flops – have suddenly become engulfed in truth and morals, to the point where they think they can lecture the president.
What a charade! Their performance typical if the average Republican.
Mitt Romney is known as a flip flopper, we all know that. And sadly, we are slowly beginning to accept the fact that the man Republicans want to be the next leader of the free world, has no backbone, no real grounds to stand on. It is sad that we are accepting the fact that Romney can be influenced to change his position by anyone and everyone.
And another example of this came in the second Presidential debate. Mitt Romney, realizing that he was losing among women voters, came up with a brand new position – that he is now for contraception and against employers telling women what they can and cannot use in the privacy of their bedrooms.
This is the same Mitt Romney who, just a few months ago, stated his strong support for the Blunt Amendment. The Blunt Amendment says that employers are allowed to tell women what they can and cannot do in the bedroom.
Rachel Maddow explains:
A video all voters must see. It only makes sense that you know the character of the man you want to make that next President of the United States. It’s the responsible thing to do… especially if you consider yourself a patriot!
What if Mitt Romney had to debate himself. Who will win, or in Romney’s case, who will lose?
The good people over at Daily Kos took three of the many different positions Romney adopted over the course of this campaign, and the result is shown in the clip below.
It’s a great idea. I would like to see a longer debate between these two.
He’s been called many things – Mr. Etch a Sketch, a Flip-Flopper, a Chameleon and some have even called Mitt Romney a liar. But how will Conservatives describe Mr. Romney and his newfound positions that he unveiled in the debate? Here are at least 5 new positions Romney’s supporters would have issues with;
1. “There’s no legislation with regards to abortion that I’m familiar with that would become part of my agenda.” In an interview with the Des Moines Register on Tuesday, Romney backed away from the promises listed on his own website to appoint Supreme Court judges who will overturn Roe v. Wade and end all federal funding for Planned Parenthood. In June 2011, he also specified his support for a “Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act,” an abortion ban based on junk science. More generally, Romney said he would be “delighted” to sign a bill banning all abortions during his first presidential run.
2. “We want to reduce the burden on middle-income taxpayers, and we’re not going to provide a tax break to high-income taxpayers.” In the same interview, Romney disavowed his own tax plan, which would give high-income taxpayers a litany of tax breaks, including an across the board 20 percent tax cut and the elimination of the estate tax. During the Republican primary, Romney admitted that his plan gives tax breaks to high income tax payers, promising he was “going to cut taxes on everyone across the country by 20 percent, including the top 1 percent.” In order to pay for these tax cuts on the wealthy, Romney would have to raise taxes on middle class families by more than $2,000.
3. “Pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan.” Romney misrepresented his health care plan during the debate. In fact, only people who were continuously insured are protected from discrimination. Millions of Americans who have been denied insurance for their pre-existing conditions would be left to their own devices under Romney’s plan.
4. “You have to have regulation. And there are some parts of Dodd-Frank that make all the sense in the world.” Also during the debate, Romney suddenly embraced the bank reform law he previously said he would repeal entirely.
5. “The people who have received the special visa that the president has put in place, which is a two-year visa, should expect that the visa would continue to be valid.” Considered the most hard-line immigration candidate in a field of extreme Republican candidates, Romney said he would allow the young undocumented immigrants to keep their special work permits issued by President Obama, though he plans to end the directive if president.