The announcement came just days before the 2016 presidential election between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. After arousing the Republicans’ manhood with news that more Clinton emails were found on Anthony Weiner’s computer, FBI Director James Comey has now announced that after reviewing the new emails, there will be no further charges to Mrs Clinton.
The pressure was intense. FBI Director James B. Comey had told legislators in late October — less than two weeks before the election — that the bureau’s work had resumed, igniting a firestorm of criticism that his revelation had affected the election. The agents’ work, at first, seemed endless. They had to use special software to sift through some 650,000 emails.
But on Sunday, just two days before the election, Comey announced that the team had news to share. After reviewing “all of the communications that were to or from Hillary Clinton while she was Secretary of State,” he wrote, investigators had “not changed our conclusions.”
The messages, U.S. officials familiar with the case said, were either personal or duplicative of those found earlier in the investigation.0