The threat from 42-year-old Christopher Perkins O’Brian of Maryland should be taken seriously. He was previously arrested and served time in prison for strangling and killing 32-year-old Katherine Randolph White in her home.
O’Brian was so pompous, so angry with the President and his family, that he sent his threat to the First Family via the White House’s website and included his phone number in the threat.
According tot he Federal case against him, on October 16th, O’Brian wrote his threat.
“You stupid n——, between ISIS, homegrown terrorists/beheaders here in the USA, and now your inaction on EBOLA, do you want us all to f—— die?!?!,” O’Brien wrote, according to charging documents. “I cannot wait to take out your worthless n—— ass, hope to reach out to slash Michele’s throat… You?? I will make a point to behead you, then throw your head into the nearest body of water, as I drive off into Maryland.”
A U.S. Secret Service agent called O’Brien on a phone number he included in the message, according to court papers filled out by agent Mark Gaskins. Then a pair of agents visited O’Brien at his home and read the email to him, Gaskins wrote. At first O’Brien said he could not recall making any threat, but then changed his story, according to Gaskins.
O’Brien admitted sending the email but then said he would never hurt the president or his family. O’Brien added he was too ill to carry out the threat, according to Gaskins.
“He also expressed regret in sending the email and stated that he was embarrassed,” the agent wrote.
O’Brien appeared in court Thursday, according to records, and agreed to be detained. He was assigned a federal public defender, who declined to comment on Saturday. No one answered the phone number he included in the email threat or at another listed for him in Annapolis.0