The Quik Cook! continues with national cuisine favorites from around the world from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe! Today’s port-of-call: Ecuador for Ceviche De Pescado!
Ceviche De Pescado (Fish Ceviche)
The fish cooks in the lime juice! Hardly a Quik! recipe with the marianting time for fish & veggie marinate totaling 5 hours! But once the fish is “cooked”, mixed with the marinade & seasoned, it’s ready. Totally worth it!)
Prep Time: 20 min
Ready In: 5 hours
Serves: 6 to 8 servings
2lb of white fish fillets (corvina, halibut, sea bass, tilapia, sole), cut into small square pieces
2 red onions diced very finely
4 tomatoes diced very finely
2 bell peppers, assorted colors, chopped very finely
20 limes, separated into about 10 limes to cook the fish and 10 limes for the ceviche marinade
1 bunch of cilantro (also known as coriander) chopped as finely as possible
Salt and sunflower oil
1. Place the raw fish pieces in a glass dish and cover it with salt and lime juice from about 10-12 limes, the fish should be completely covered by lime juice.
2. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator, let the fish marinate or cook itself in the lime juice for at least 4 hours.
3. Mix the onions, tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro with the juice from the remaining limes and let marinate for about an hour.
4. Once the fish is “cooked” in the lime juices rinse it well and mix it with the vegetable marinade, add salt and sunflower oil to taste.
5. Serve with chifles, patacones, tostones or popcorn.
Source: Laliyta’s Recepies
Next Stop: The Falkland Islands!0