Salmon & Roasted Vegetable Salad
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 6 cups cubed (1/2-inch) peeled root vegetables, such as potatoes, turnips, carrots and beets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced anchovy fillet or paste
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 6- to 7-ounce cans boneless, skinless wild Alaskan salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss root vegetables in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes. Stir and continue roasting until soft and golden brown in spots, 13 to 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, anchovy and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and salt in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dressing in small bowl. Add the salad greens to the large bowl and toss to combine; divide among 4 dinner plates.
- When the vegetables are done, transfer them to the large bowl and gently combine with the reserved dressing, salmon and scallions. Top the greens with the salmon and vegetables.
Tips & Notes:
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare the dressing (Step 3), cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.