While it’s true that just about everybody loves a clown, you sure wouldn’t want one running the country. Which leads me to the clowns over at the three ring circus better know as the Republican and Tea Parties. Never in the history of politics has there ever been such a motley crew so anxious to threw their hats in the ring to become the next president of the United States.
Now don’t get me wrong, having a savory mixed bag of nuts running for the position wouldn’t be so bad — in fact it would add a little excitement to the sometimes mind numbing selection process — if the candidates weren’t so ridiculously unsuited for running a chicken-coop, let alone the highest office in what still is known as the most powerful country in the free world!
Now there are some who do have a fear of clowns, with their perpetual maniacal red smiles, those crazy eyes with surprised expression, and of course, there’s that pasty white paint giving them a creepy ghostly appearance–another thing in common with Republicans! And like all clowns, the Republicans and Tea Party can’t ever be taken seriously beacuse of the constant silly things they’re always doing to get a laugh out of us:
- Newt Gingrich flip-flopping on his views over whether the United States coulda, woulda, shoulda secured the air space over Qadhafi’s Libya or even whether or not the US should have gotten involved at all in preventing the tyrant from slaughtering his own people protesting his regime.
- Sarah Palin, throwing insults at the President and bad-mouthing him as he traveled overseas on a good will mission to Brazil, and her constant criticism of the First Lady’s efforts to help get American children to eat healthier.
- Michele Bachmann, rewriting history by stating thet the “Founding Fathers” – who signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776 and created framework for the Constitution – did all they could to stop slavery in the New World.
- Mike Huckabee, insisting that President Obama is not a United States citizen and is a secret member of the Mau Mau, whose sole interest is to kill all white folks in the country–in the name of Allah, no less.
- And the latest bozo, Donald ‘Bring Me The Money’ Trump, who claims he will win the presidency if put up against Obama because he’ll put into effect a strategy to send aid and armies to help countries in need across the world—for a nominal fee! The Donald apparently is also an ardent Birther, who, as a guest recently on the television show “The View” also demanded that the President show his birth certificate.
And those still aren’t the scariest things about these clowns, because even though a fifth grader has more intelligence than all these “candidates” combined, there are still so called “true americans” who will cast their votes for them in the 2012’s presidential election because they “share the same views”. Really? That’s scary. Could you imagine any of them holding up against what Obama has gone through in the last almost four years of his presidency?;
- Getting America through the war in Afghanistan–a war made impossible to avoid thanks to the previous administration.
- Taking over, and reducing our military operations in Iraq, essentially bringing that war to an end.
- Dealing with what many consider the biggest recession since the last depression and pulling the United States economy back from the verge total of collapse.
- Engineering bailouts to businesses and banks in hopes of creating new jobs and new loan opportunities.
- Creating the biggest tax cut for over 95% of Americans and small businesses in over 60 years.
- Establishing healthcare for all Americans by passing a healthcare reform bill.
- Reforming our financial system in an attempt to stop Wall Street from gouging the American citizens
- Reforming the Student Loans process, making it easier for American students to get and repay their student loans.
- Aiding the efforts of Middle Eastern citizens to free themselves from the tyranny of despots , installed sometimes by the regimes of past American presidents.
- Thousands of deaths in the wake of Haiti’s massive earthquake and delivering aid to that country.
- The most horrendous oil spill in history by BP Oil which will affect our waters and sea life for decades to come.
- The triple disaster in Japan with earthquake, tsunami and the subsequent nuclear plant breakdowns.
Which of the Republican/Tea Party hopefuls will last one month in President’s Obama’s shoes? They’ll be crying fake clown tears, like their Speaker of the House John Boehner, in no time.
President Obama is showing that he has what it takes to be the calm, rational, thoughtful, humanistic leader this country needs. The GOP has a long way to go before they learn that throwing pies, handing out exploding cigars and shocking folks with joy buzzers does not a world leader make. Exit stage left fools!
And the good news is that if President Obama still cares enough to shoot for a second term after putting up with all the Republican antics from his first term, there will be no contest as to who will have center ring under the Big Top. He just better make sure he has his whip and chair to keep the loonies in check.