Immediately after the killing spree in Tucson Arizona on Saturday where 6 people, including a nine year old girl and a Federal judge lost their lives, someone decided that that was the perfect time to revamp SarahPAC, the political donation-gathering website for Sarah Palin.
The complete change on the website did not take long, because all that was done was the removal of a target list. A list that mentioned one of the victims of the shooting, congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Mrs. Giffords was shot in her head, and is presently listed in critical condition.
The removal of the target list can be looked at in two ways:
- The decision was made because someone was concerned and felt that a target list showing the name of a person who just got shot, was not good politically. This was done more out of concern for the political future of Sarah Palin and less due to the public’s outcry – warranted or not -thus, it’s removal.
- It was removed because someone thought it was in poor taste. Having the name of a United States congresswoman displayed on a target list of people you want removed from office – especially after an assassination attempt on her life was made -was insensitive and immature.
After the massacre, Sarah Palin put out a message saying, that on behalf of her husband Todd and her entire family, she was offering her “sincere condolences” for the victims of the “tragic shooting in Arizona.”
But what’s the point of offering your condolences, when your own Facebook page still prominently displays the same target list with the congresswoman? Her name boldly displayed as the fourth target!
It says your “condolences” are not sincere. It also says that your politics are more important than the human tragedy of the moment and your continuing to displaying graphic on your site is not only shows poor taste, but also shows a self serving attitude. You’re determined to get what you want, no matter what the cost.
So for now, the target list is still up, but Sarah Palin’s most basic sense of human decency continues to plummet.
- SarahPAC Website Removes “Hit List” Image That Included Target On Giffords District, Kos Post Remains (mediaite.com)
- Sarah Palin: “My sincere condolences” to Gabrielle Giffords’ family (shortformblog.com)
- AZ Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot (pinkbananaworld.com)