This is not the left winged media trying to mislead you. No, this is an actual study of FOX viewers and their knowledge of what is actually going on in the world today. These viewers were then compared to other network viewers and the result was not shocking, but confirmed what is already known – that watching FOX makes you stupid!
In the questions below, Fox News viewers placed first in the percentage of those who were misinformed (they placed second in the question on TARP).
The group conducting the study, World Public Opinion found the following:
- Though the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) concluded that the stimulus legislation has saved or created 2.0-5.2 million jobs, 92% of viewers believed the Stimulus lost jobs
- Though the CBO concluded that the health reform law would reduce the budget deficit, 53% thought the health reform law increased the deficit.
- Though the Department of Commerce says that the US economy began to recover from recession in the third quarter of 2009, 55% thought the economy is still getting worse.
- Though the National Academy of Sciences has concluded that climate change is occurring, 45% of voters thought most scientists think climate change is not occurring.
Other key points of misinformation among voters were:
- 40% of voters believed incorrectly that the TARP legislation was initiated under Barack Obama, rather than George Bush
- 54% believed that there were no tax cuts in the stimulus legislation
- 86% wrongly assumed their taxes had gone up instead of going down under President Obama
- 53% thought that the bailout of GM and Chrysler occurred only under Obama, though it was initiated under Bush
The report also finds that Republicans are generally more stupid than Democrats. When the following questions were asked across party lines, respondents replies were as followed;
- Is the American Economy getting worst? – 72% of Republicans said yes. For Democrats on the other hand, only 36% said yes, the economy is getting worst.
- Is Health Care reform going to increase the deficit? – 73% of Republicans said yes. For Democrats on the other hand, only 31% said yes, Health Care will increase the deficit.
- Were there Tax Cuts included in the Stimulus? – 67% of Republicans said No. For Democrats on the other hand, only 42% said no, tax cuts were not included in the Stimulus.
- Is there an agreement among scientists that Global Warming is occurring? – 62% of Republicans said no. For Democrats on the other hand, only 26% said no, scientists don’t agree on Global Warming.
- Was President Obama born in the United States? – 64% of Republicans said No. For Democrats on the other hand, only 17% said no, President Obama was not born in the United States.
Fox so-called-news will be more believable if they change their name and call themselves the Pinocchio Network. But even if they change their name, there will be those viewers who will continue to watch, unable to decipher the lies and misinformation from the lies and misinformation.