At a time when Health Insurance providers were meeting with a Democratic congress trying to reform the American Health Care system, the US Chamber of Commerce was busy preparing their opposition to the Health Care reform, with a reinforced $86.2 million dollars they received from Health Insurance providers.
Tax disclosure reports are now showing what many suspected all along, that Insurance groups were contributing heavily to the US Chamber of Commerce in an effort to stop the Healthcare reform.
The report shows that these donations to the chamber in 2009 were more than the entire budget for the group, and accounted for 40% of the Chamber’s $214 million dollars for that year, according to a report by Bloomberg.
Bloomberg reports that;
The $86.2 million paid for advertisements, polling and grass roots events to drum up opposition to the bill that’s projected to provide coverage to 32 million previously uninsured Americans, according to Tom Collamore, a Chamber of Commerce spokesman. The Chamber used the funds to “advance a market- based health-care system and advocate for fundamental reform that would improve access to quality care while lowering costs,” it said in a statement.
Mr. Collamore statement that the funds were used to “advance a market-based health-care system and advocate for fundamental reform,” is just another way of saying – keeping things just the way they are. If they were really for fundamental reform, there would be no need to fight the fundamental reform proposed and signed into law by President Obama.
There must be something about this new Health Insurance Reform that caused these Insurance Providers to spend more than their budgets allow in an effort to stop its enactment.
- Insurers Spent Big to Oppose Health Care Reform (politicalwire.com)
- Insurers spent heavily to kill health care reform (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Insurance Cos Gave Chamber Of Commerce $86.2 Million To Fight Health Plan (alan.com)
Latest posts by Ezra Grant (see all)
- Chris Christie Thinks People “Aspire” to Make The Miminum Wage - October 21, 2014
- Poll – Least Trusted News Source is Rush Limbaugh - October 21, 2014
- Oscar Pistorius’ Judgement – 5 Years for Murdering his Girlfriend - October 21, 2014