The propaganda machine produced the House of Representatives in the Mid-term elections, but the recipient wasn’t the American people. The House of Representatives went to the Republicans, which means that Big Corporations, Fox News and Lobbyists are once again controlling the political agenda in Washington, and based on all the ramblings going on with the Republican political leaders, “there will be no compromise” with Democrats to get anything done.
It was originally called a wave, then a tsunami. In fact, the gains of the Republican party yesterday was nothing new. Political history dictates that the party in power loose seats in the mid-terms. Loosing 60+ seats however, is a little more than a wave, a little less than a tsunami.
The American people spoke yesterday, but they spoke with information given to them by a machine lead by Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. A propaganda machine that has its own interests at heart, preached its message day in, day out, and with the Supreme Court Decision allowing unlimited campaign donations by Corporations or “people,” that message multiplied, and was amplified to the point where no other message was heard.
The message the American people heard from these opportunists was that President Obama and the Democrats did nothing. The American people heard that all this President did was spend, spend, spend, and had nothing to show for it. The propaganda machine pounded the lies and the name callings, telling America that President Obama was a Fascist, Maoist, Communist, an Evangelists, a Gynecologists, and all the other “ists” you can think of.
But the truth of the matter was lost in all the lies – the truth being;
- President Obama and the Democratic Congress was the most productive governing body in decades
- This Democratic Congress produced policies that saved the economy from what could have been the next depression.
- The truth that the Democratic congress passed the largest Tax Cut for Americans ever, and that 25 different Tax Cuts for the middle class and small businesses passed.
- The truth that this Democratic Congress provided the most benefits for Veterans ever!
- The truth that passage of the Health Care Reform will reduce the deficit by $1.3 Trillion over 20 years, providing coverage for an additional 32 million Americans, eliminating the practice by insurance companies of dropping policy holders when they’re sick, providing for parents to keep their kids on their policies until they’re 26 years old, no co-pays for preventative care, and the potential of saving 45,000 Americans each year who would have died because of lack of coverage.
- Closing the donut hole for Seniors
- Passage of the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for women
- Increased infrastructure spending for roads, bridges, power plants, tunnels etc. after years of neglect
- Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools
- Limits on lobbyist’s access to the White House
- Closing secret detention facilities in Eastern Europe
- Phasing out the detention center at Guantanamo Bay
- Stimulating sales and saving the auto industry with Cash for Clunkers
- Closing off-shore Tax havens
- Requiring Energy producing plants to produce 15% of their energy from renewable sources
- Announced the long-term development of a national energy grid with renewable sources and cleaner, efficient energy production
And these are just a fraction of the accomplishments of this Administration and Democratic congress in the last 20 months. Don’t tell that to the American people though, they’ll swear that this Administration have been on vacation since inauguration day.
The propaganda machine is not the only device responsible for Americans being ignorant to what’s really going on. The message from the Administration itself has been mute, and in the few times they tried informing the public, it was done with an apologetic tone, as if not to piss anyone off. It wasn’t until the President went out and started campaigning for the mid-term election that Americans heard a little emotion and sensed some urgency from the Democrats.
The Democrats should listen to the words of Joe Madison of XM Satellite Radio while appearing on The Ed Show. Mr. Madison said;
“One of the things of 1936 Roosevelt understood, was that folks hated him. And he said, ‘let them hate me! I will embrace that hate, because the people who hate me are the people who wanna cut Social Security, the people who wanna cut Education. And I will embrace that hate and fight them.’ And what happened was, is that the common man embraced Roosevelt.”
Mr. President, the Republican leaders have made their point, and it’s clear. They’re going to do all the can to see you fail. It is admirable that you want to bring bipartisanship to Washington, but when the opposition leaders say that their main priority is to make you a one term president, and that they will not compromise on anything, it’s time you stand up and get in touch with your inner Roosevelt. Let them hate you, but the American people will embrace you when your message shines through the propaganda.
It’s time Mr. President!
- Paul Begala: A Centrist Democratic Agenda: More Jobs, Less Corruption (huffingtonpost.com)
- Takeover no gold rush for GOP lobbyists (politico.com)
- Progressives Fault Economy, Corporate Sell-Out For Election Wipe-Out (huffingtonpost.com)
Latest posts by Ezra Grant (see all)
- Idris Elba – Too Hood to be James Bond - September 1, 2015
- The Most Offensive Moment of the VMAs – And There Were Many - September 1, 2015
- New Poll – Donald Trump holds HUGE Lead in GOP Primary - August 31, 2015