In their effort to rid Arizona of all illegals, the state legislatures has drafted a bill that not only legalize racial profiling, but has also pander to the birther’s group. Either intentional or by mistake, the new Arizona law will require President Obama to show his Birth Certificate while in Arizona, or face the possibility of arrest and or deportation.
Go ahead, I’ll pause here for the laughter.
Ok now back to the article.
Yes, this bill as it’s now constructed in Arizona, will allow the police officers to question anyone, including the President of the United States if or when the president is in Arizona.
Was this a just an unfortunate side effect, or was this the driving factor in the New Arizona bill SB1070?
- A law enforcement officer, without a Warrant, may arrest a person if the officer has probable cause to believe that the person has committed any public offence that makes the person removable from the United States.
- In addition to any violation of Federal Law, a person is guilty of trespassing if the person is both:
- Present on any public or private land in this state
- In violation of 8 United States Code Section 1304(e) or 1306(a). – This section of the Federal law states
Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d) of this section. Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both.
Is there anything in this bill that’s stopping you or me, or President Obama from being stopped and asked to present papers? No. Just being on the public road is grounds enough to be stopped. It is considered trespassing and gives the law enforcement officers the authority to stop and question you on your papers.
As it turns out, the Birthers believe that President Obama is not really president because as far as they’re concerned, he was born in Kenya. So any visit by the president to Arizona will constitute the president trespassing, and thus, according to this new law, subject him to questions about his papers and arrest if they’re not on his person.
The Birthers have finally find a way to deport President Obama back to the Kenya!
- The Arizona legislature really is that crazy (trueslant.com)
- ‘Birther Bill’ Gets Through Arizona House (newser.com)
- AZ-Sen: J.D. Hayworth says Arizona birther bill doesn’t go far enough (dailykos.com)