He use to be a maverick, ask any senator in Washington. Now, John McCain can’t even spell the word.
Caught in a bitter battle for his senate re-election with teaparty favorite and conservative radio host J.D. Hayworth, Arizona senator John McCain has lost his mavericky swagger.
Mr McCain, who received the 2008 Republican Presidential nomination, lost the election partly because of his mavrick ways. He was seen as someone who went against his party’s wishes and even bragged on multiple occasions in the campaign that he “reached across the aisle to work with democrats.” Heck, his bus in the campaign was called the Straight Talk Express!
Well evidently, his arms can’t reach out no more and The Straight Talk Express bus is in the shop.
In a recent interview with Newsweek’s David Margolick, John McCain said;
“I never considered myself a maverick, I consider myself a person who serves the people of Arizona to the best of his abilities.”
On a side note, the presidential debate, September 26th 2008, Senator McCain, answering a question about what priorities he would give up to pay for the financial recovery plan said;
“It’s well know that I have not been elected miss congeniality in the United States Senate nor with the Administration. I have opposed the president on spending, on climate change, on torture of prisoners, on Guantanamo bay on the way the Iraq war was conducted. I have a long record and the American people know me very well. That is independent and a maverick of the Senate.”
So now that the wheels to the Straight Talk Express have fell off, John McCain has resort to a character trait that is definitely not that of a maverick. He is pandering to Arizona voters, telling them what he think they want to hear in order to get their votes. His new commercial states, that if re-elected, John McCain will build a fence along the Arizona border.
Mr. McCain, it’s becoming obvious that you were right. You really never was a maverick, you just played one on TV.
- John McCain: “Complete the Danged Fence” (cbsnews.com)
- “I Never Considered Myself a Maverick” John McCain Tells Newsweek, in Most Maverick-y Move Yet? (treehugger.com)
- John McCain: I’m NOT A Maverick — Or Am I? (VIDEOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- John McCain tries to join the Tea Party (trueslant.com)
Latest posts by Ezra Grant (see all)
- Naked Man Falls Out Of Womens Bathroom Ceiling - November 24, 2014
- Republicans Recycling Mitt Romney Again for 2016 - November 24, 2014
- Gun Bought for Ferguson Unrest Accidentally Shoots Owner in Head - November 24, 2014