And so, like the bunch of kids they really are, the teabagging teapartiers shows their true colors.
It has been in the making for sometime. Ever since Sarah Palin started throwing out the litttle “buzz words” about Barack Obama “pal-ing around with terrorists,” the seed was planted. And with the help of Conservative commentators like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity, the seed planted by Mrs Palin back in 2008 has sprung roots, and has sprouted into a tree of hate, quickly tendered and watered by the tea-party and disgruntled Republicans.
Spring is the fertile season. And on January 20th 2009 for the first time, the buds on the branches of the tree began to appear as the first black president, Barack Obama, took the Oath of Office and became the 44th President of the United States. No one saw the buds begin to form on the branches, we were all caught up in the euphoria of the moment, and the vision of an America we didn’t think was possible. We were together, as one nation.
Spring didn’t last too long. The “we are one” mindset was quickly dismantled with one statement from a conservative commentator. Rush Limbaugh fertilized the tree with his – “I want this president to fail” statement. People listened to his empty words and without knowing this new presidents’ policies, decided Limbaugh was right, and began pruning and watering this tree with marches and rallies based in lies, anticipating the day when the tree would blossom and bear fruit.
That day is here. That day is now.
On a day that will more than likely go down in history, President Obama and the Democratic party passed and signed into law the Health Care Reform Bill. This was huge success. For no other president in almost a century, who attempted to tackle the problems of health care reform in America, was successful. Rush Limbaugh wouldn’t get his wish for failure. The teabaggers who believed Limbaugh and hoped for the failure of this president wouldn’t get their wishes. It was too much for them to take. Now they’ve gone wild.
Steny Hoyer calls it “serious.” He states that at least 10 Democrats have expressed concern for their personal safety and that of their families. Many have received death threats.
- Representative Louise M. Slaughter, from New York, received a phone message threatening sniper attacks against lawmakers and their families. Bricks were also thrown through her office window in Niagara Falls.
- Representative Gabrielle Giffords from Arizona also reported her office being vandalized.
- An address was posted on a Teaparty website for Representative Tom Perriello of Virginia. Teabaggers went to the address and cut a propane line on the premises, but the house belonged to Mr. Perriello’s brother.
- Representative Bart Stupak of Michigan received numerous death threats. His wife is now afraid to answer the phone. Listen to the messages
- Representative James Clayburn of South Carolina received and unanimous fax depicting a a noose.
- Representative Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO) was spat on, while walking between these teabaggers to Capital Hill to cast his vote.
- Representative John Lewis, who marched with Martin Luther King and a prominant civil rights advocate was called a “niger.”
Meanwhile, Sarah Palin, the planter of this seed of hate continued watering the tree. She stated that it’s time to “reload,” and posted a map of the United States with cross-hairs showing on Democratic congressional leaders saying;
We’re going to reclaim the power of the people from those who disregarded the will of the people. We’re going to fire them..
Calls for the assasination of President Obama were even made. Investigtors are looking into a tweet by Solomon “Solly” Forell, that said,
“ASSASSINATION! America, we survived the assassinations of Lincoln and Kennedy. We’ll surely get over a bullet 2 Barack Obama’s head.”
At this phase, it’s just a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt or even killed. Doing nothing will allow for the hate tree’s roots to dig in and spread and eventually cause more harm. We must cut off it’s water supply and watch it dry up. We must bring Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck up on charges for violating The Smith Act of 1940 with their daily, deadly coerciveness.
UPDATE: Saturday January 8th 2011
- Breaking News: Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot in Arizona
- Gabrielle Giffords Points a Finger to Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs Gesture
- Sarah Palin Pulls PAC Target List Including Giffords (lezgetreal.com)
- Sarah Palin incites stupidity, why not worse? (myjourneywithaids.wordpress.com)
- Rush Limbaugh: “If Obama Had Not Been African-American, He Would Never Have Been Elected” (mediaite.com)